(Adopted at Special General Meeting 29.08.2002)
1. NAME: The name of the Association shall be “Friends of King George V and Scotland Yard Parks”. referred to hereinafter as “the Association”.
2.OBJECTS: The objects of the Association are:
- To conserve, preserve, protect and improve the area known as the King George V Park and Scotland Yard for the benefit of the public
- To advance the education of the public about the history of the area
- To promote provision of facilities which will encourage enjoyment and responsible use of the area by a wide range of the people who live and work in the locality
(Provided always that such activities will not absolve the local authority of its statutory responsibilities).
In furtherance of these objects the Association will hope to involve and engage the local community.
3. MEMBERSHIP: Membership of the Association shall be open to anyone who supports the objects of the Association and is willing to take part in its activities.
4. OFFICE BEARERS: At the Annual General Meeting (AGM) the members shall elect three office bearers (the chairperson, the secretary and the treasurer).
5. COMMITTEE: The committee shall consist of the office bearers plus up to nine general committee members who shall also be elected at the AGM.The committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy occurring in the interval between AGMs, to appoint sub-committees and to co-opt members.
6. GENERAL MEETINGS: The AGM of the Association shall be held within two months of the end of the financial year to receive the report of the committee, to elect office bearers, general committee members and an auditor and to transact any other competent business. Nominations for election to the committee should be submitted in writing to the chairperson or secretary prior to the meeting. No office bearer or general member of the committee shall serve for more than three years without seeking re-election. A Special General Meeting of the Association may be called at any time by the committee or on the requisition of not less than fifteen members. At General Meetings eight shall form a quorum.
7. COMMITTEE MEETINGS: The committee shall meet as often as is deemed necessary. Three (one of whom shall be an office bearer) shall form a quorum. Minutes shall be taken of committee meetings.
8. FUNDS: The funds of the Association shall be lodged in a bank in the name of the Association. Money may be drawn from the bank against the signatures of any two of the chairperson, secretary and treasurer.
9. FINANCE: All monies raised by or on behalf of the Association shall be applied to further the objects of the Association and for no other purpose provided that nothing herein contained shall prevent the payment in good faith of reasonable and proper remuneration to any employee of the Association and fees to professional and technical advisors.
10. ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT: The accounts of the Association shall be audited annually. The auditor shall not be a member of the committee and shall be elected for the ensuing year at the AGM.
11. ALTERATIONS TO THE CONSTITUTION: No alteration of the rules may be made except at the AGM or at a Special General Meeting called for this purpose. Such proposed alterations shall be approved by not less than two thirds of the members present. No alterations or amendments shall be made which would cause the Association to cease to be a charity at law.
12. NATIONAL PLAYING FIELDS ASSOCIATION: The Association shall liaise as may be required with the National Playing Fields Association, the guardian trustees of the King George V Park.
13. DISSOLUTION: In the event of dissolution of the Association, any assets remaining after the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities shall not be paid to or distributed among members of the Association but shall be given or transferred to a recognised charitable organisation(s) having objects similar to those of the Association.